The Week Ahead - scheduled votes, committee action and other important notes for the week of December 4, 2017
EDITORS NOTE: The week ahead overview will be sent each week Congress is in session. All times are in Central Time.
- THE FACTS ON THE GOP TAX PLAN: Because of the myths being spread about the GOP tax plan, Congressman Young debunked these myths in his weekly report to constituents. Read it HERE.
- REP. YOUNG ON THE RFS, RVOs ANNOUNCEMENT: In response to the EPAs announcement on the 2018 RFS and 2019 RVOs, Congressman Young said he was disappointed biodiesel volumes were not increased. Learn more HERE.
- CONGRESSIONAL APP CHALLENGE WINNERS: Congressman Young congratulated the winners of the Third District Congressional App Challenge. The winning students created app to remind residents of their trash and recycling pickup days. See their work HERE.
- WEEKLY RADIO: Wednesday morning, Congressman Young is scheduled to join KCSI 95.3 FM Radio at 7:18 AM CT and KMA Radio on 960 AM and 99.1 FM at 7:35 AM CT.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 4TH
On Monday, the House will meet at 5:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 5:30 p.m.
Motion to Go to Conference on H.R. 1, and Democrat Motion to Instruct Conferees
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 5TH
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for morning hour and 11:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Legislation Considered Under Suspension of the Rules:
1) H.R. 3731 – Secret Service Recruitment and Retention Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. John Katko / Judiciary Committee)
2) H.R. 3317 – SAFE Act (Sponsored by Rep. Dave Trott / Judiciary Committee)
3) S. 1266 – Enhancing Veteran Care Act (Sponsored by Sen. James M. Inhofe / Veterans Affairs Committee)
4) H.Res. 259 – Expressing concern and condemnation over the political, economic, social, and humanitarian crisis in Venezuela, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Ron DeSantis / Foreign Affairs Committee)
5) H.R. 2658 – Venezuela Humanitarian Assistance and Defense of Democratic Governance Act of 2017, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Eliot Engel / Foreign Affairs Committee)
6) H.Con.Res. 90 – Condemning ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya and calling for an end to the attacks in and an immediate restoration of humanitarian access to the state of Rakhine in Burma, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Joseph Crowley / Foreign Affairs Committee)
7) H.R. 1164 – Taylor Force Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Doug Lamborn / Foreign Affairs Committee)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 6TH AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for morning hour and 11:00 a.m. for legislative business.
On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for morning hour and 11:00 a.m. for legislative business.
On Friday, the House will meet at 8:00 a.m. for legislative business.
H.R. 38 – Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Richard Hudson / Judiciary Committee)
H.R. 3971 – Community Institution Mortgage Relief Act of 2017, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Claudia Tenney / Financial Services Committee)
H.R. 477 – Small Business Mergers, Acquisitions, Sales, and Brokerage Simplification Act of 2017, Rules Committee Print (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Bill Huizenga / Financial Services Committee)
Consideration of Legislation Making Further Appropriations for FY 2017
Additional Legislative Items are Possible
Committee activity for the week of December 4 can be found HERE.